- Do-it-yourselfers (teacher input recommended)
- Private students with teacher
- Teenage to adult beginners
- Traditionally trained players wanting to move towards pop styles or improvisation.
- Beginning piano instruction using the blues as the teaching material;
keys of C, G, D, A, E, and F.
- Reading: notes, rhythms, symbols, etc.
- Blues form, melody, and chords
ORIENTATION & TONE:
- Alternative primary method, or supplement to a traditional method.
- Unusually hip, fun, and engaging for an instruction book
- User-friendly, humorous, heavily illustrated, attractively laid out
- Much more explanation than most piano method books
- Encourages experimentation